Saturday, November 4, 2023

OUR GOD IS NOT A BEGGAR

 *Our God is not a beggar.* 

"Cursed is the cheat who has an acceptable male in his flock and vows to give it, but then sacrifices a blemished animal to the Lord. For I am a great king," says the Lord Almighty, "and my name is to be feared among the nations. Mal 1:14NIV

This scripture is the response of our God to some people who erroneously believe that God must be poor and hungry, so will happily accept whatever is given to Him in the name of sacrifice. Too bad that God refers to such persons as cheats.

Let me repeat it, the God I serve is not a poor beggar and I don’t allow my personal condition or deficiency mislead me to think otherwise. Some years back, my wife and I visited a very wealthy man for prayers in his house. Before the time of the night prayers I heard him abusing his wife and I thought he also beat her. I walked up to the room to request what the problem was. He told me to return to my guest room. At the time of prayer he called that we should come out for prayers. I came out with my wife and told him that the prayer has been cancelled because he did not show me respect as a man of God, neither did he respect the God I represented. Even though we did not have sufficient money for our transport, we walked away.

In another instance a family wanted to give me, according to them, ten million Naira to help me build a house. I turned down the money because the so-called giver was treating me like I am a poor pastor whose God could not help. More than once I have refused the gift of some people because they acted like they were helping a poor man.

I am sorry if I sound arrogant here but I want whosoever reads this to know that I don’t judge myself based on how much money others have more than me, but on the grounds of my position as a man of God. I insist that giving to PNUR or my person must respect this rule or you don’t send at all.

Anyone who receives a prophet because he is a prophet will receive a prophet's reward, and anyone who receives a righteous man because he is a righteous man will receive a righteous man's reward. And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones because he is my disciple, I tell you the truth, he will certainly not lose his reward." Matt 10:41-42NIV

We must recognize our ability to give to God as a privilege. Unfortunately, people focus on the human instrument when they want to give to God’s business. Our main text points out how people brought worthless things and sick animals to the sanctuary because they believe it was the priests who would eat them. It is shameful that this is the way some people give to God’s business. They give the rejected, they give the leftover and they give what they will not even give to a human being that they respect.

When you bring blind animals for sacrifice, is that not wrong? When you sacrifice crippled or diseased animals, is that not wrong? Try offering them to your governor! Would he be pleased with you? Would he accept you?" says the Lord Almighty.  "Now implore God to be gracious to us. With such offerings from your hands, will he accept you?"-says the Lord Almighty. Mal 1:8-9NIV

My God is not a poor and hungry God.

Some argue that they would have given if they had plenty. Unfortunately the bible thinks otherwise. The bible even thinks that the so-called poor people in our midst are more open to giving than the wealthy and I am a living witness to this.

And now, brothers, we want you to know about the grace that God has given the Macedonian churches. Out of the most severe trial, their overflowing joy and their extreme poverty welled up in rich generosity. For I testify that they gave as much as they were able, and even beyond their ability. Entirely on their own, they urgently pleaded with us for the privilege of sharing in this service to the saints.   And they did not do as we expected, but they gave themselves first to the Lord and then to us in keeping with God's will. 2 Cor 8:1-5NIV

These people were poor, in the words of the Apostle Paul, but that did not keep them from giving. Also, contrary to the giving style of some arrogant people, their giving did not keep them from surrendering their life to Christ and submitting to their spiritual leaders.

It is a common thing that most rich people claim that they give their widow’s mite. Sad to say that it is only when they want to give to the ministers and the ministry that they become widows. They don’t buy phones, cars, houses or clothes of widows. They don’t take vacations like widows, but anytime they want to support the ministry they become widows. 

Let us see what the widow’s mite is in the bible.

As he looked up, Jesus saw the rich putting their gifts into the temple treasury. He also saw a poor widow put in two very small copper coins.  "I tell you the truth," he said, "this poor widow has put in more than all the others. All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth; but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on." Luke 21:1-4NIV

So the widow’s mite is hundred percent of all she had. But we see someone that gives something that costs him nothing tell us that he gave the widow’s mite.

Let me tell you today, if no one has told you before, all that giving is not honored by God. It will be better that you don’t give at all than to insult God in the name of widow’s mite. God is not a poor and hungry beggar.

We often hear and read people who condemn preachers who live luxurious lives. The same people don’t give to the poor ministers and they condemn rich pastors. It appears to me that they would have all ministers of the gospel as poor beggars.

Let me address my fellow ministers; I have discovered that most ministers find it difficult to give to other ministers’ work. They only shout giving theology when they are the receivers. I want you to know that you will reap what you sow into other people’s ministry.  The sad thing is that you rarely reap in the currency and quantity you sowed. Hence, most people lament when they reap what they have sown in the life of others.

I want to repeat that giving to God’s business is a privilege and it is for your blessing. The bible refers to it as sowing, and God deals with us based on our heart attitude when we give.

Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 2 Cor 9:6-7NIV

Deliverance Week is almost here and we need to host people who need deliverance and ministers of the gospel. This is a fertile soil to sow. We have ministers who would want to come but they don’t have the funds for transport. You can sow into the life of these people by sponsoring them. It is a way to connect to your own blessing even if you don’t come.

Concerning those who believe that God should send money from heaven to Pastor Emma and his team, if He truly called them, I want you to read the following;

Anyone who receives instruction in the word must share all good things with his instructor Gal 6:6NIV

Some have never given anything to support PNUR even though they have been here for more than two years. Please, stop sending us good wishes when God has put some amount of money in your custody that could support our needs. I want you to know that it is the support of a few people here that has been carrying this work thus far. Imagine if all the members of PNUR Family and Partners respond to this call and send us something right away.

It is not about how much you give but your willingness and the provision that God has made available for you. We have been praying and fasting; binding and loosing; declaring and commanding, not read the following.

But just as you excel in everything — in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness and in your love for us-see that you also excel in this grace of giving 2 Cor 8:7NIV

We pray for you,

Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness. You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God 2 Cor 9:10-11NIV

Now, don’t allow the devil to keep you from connecting to the blessing of this great season. Silence every contrary voice and send something as part of identifying with what God is doing in this season and you will share your testimony soon. 

For your seed faith for Deliverance Week 2023,

PNUR Revival Press and Books United Bank for Africa 1021842884

For special seed faith to - Pastor Emma N.J Nwosu and team.

Emmanuel Nwosu  Polaris Bank Nigeria 3056569764

For those outside Nigeria 

PNUR Revival Press and Books  

United Bank for Africa

Account number 3003497738

Swift code - UNAFNGLA

Send through Citibank New York, USA

Routing number 021000089

Swift code CITIUS33

Account number 36320321

Address. No. 4 Valley street Port Harcourt Nigeria Phone number +2348035724526

You are in our prayers 

Emma your brother pnurnigeria@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment